Required Medical Forms
What forms must I submit to be medically cleared to dive?
All NOAA Divers must submit:
- An initial physical examination (all new applicants and any former NOAA Divers whose authorization to dive has lapsed for 2 years)
- Annually: either an Annual Medical History Report or a periodic physical exam:
- Report of Medical History – Annual Update (NOAA Form 57-03-54) - this form is not required on the years a periodic physical exam is due
- Periodic physical exams (use the same form as for the initial physical exam - Report of Physical Examination - Diver):
- For divers under the age of 47, the exam is due every 5 years.
- For divers age 48, the exam is due in 4 years (at age 52).
- For divers age 49, the exam is due in 3 years (at age 52).
- For divers age 50 – 59, the exam is due every 2 years.
- For divers age 60 and over, the exam is due annually.
You can view a comprehensive list of all required forms, training, and activities for NOAA Divers in the NDP diving page.