To apply for a NOAA Professional Mariner job, please follow these steps:
- Review employment opportunities. Carefully consider the duties, minimum eligibility requirements, conditions of employment, evaluation criteria, and documents and other information required for the position.
- Create an account on our online hiring portal.
- Build a resume using the online form and add your documents.
- Select the job announcement for which you would like to apply.
- Click on the “Apply” button and then “Submit” if your resume is on file (see step #3)
Below is an overview of the new-hire federal hiring process. This process is in place to make sure all applicants receive fair and equal opportunity.
- Evaluation of applications
- Selection of qualified applicants and interviews
- Extension of tentative offer of employment
- Pre-employment background checks
- Successfully pass the physical examination and drug test
- Extension of formal offer of employment
- New employee orientation and assignment